Saturday, March 15, 2008

Texas Trip, Part 3

Friday morning, Lori and Brody came out to my parents house. It was fun to watch Brody with Zane and Gideon. Thanks for coming out Lori- it was great getting to visit with you a little and see your sweet big boy!

At lunch time, I went over to the Speer's home to meet up with Amanda. From there, we went to campus to eat with Christan and then watch the kids while Christan went to a meeting. Wendi brought Bethany over during this time to play with Corban. As soon as they left, all of the babies started crying (Zane, Stella and Canaan). Amanda and I just had to laugh at the situation. After Christan's sister-in-law came over to lend a helping hand, we finally got things under control! It was so great to see Amanda and meet her precious daughter Stella. We had not seen each other in over 2 years. Christan returned from her meeting and we were able to visit with her as well.
After that craziness, Amanda and I went back over to Zoe's to visit. It was so fun to be together with all of our kids- 2 boys and 2 girls. We have been close friends for well over 10 years and it was so fun to hang out! Hopefully next time, we will have a little more time together! I love you girls and your sweet families!

Friday night, my parents graciously agreed to watch Zane so I could have a night out with the girls. We met at El Chico for dinner and then went to Starbucks to visit. It was so much fun and we will definitely have to make that a tradition when I am in town. It was great to be able to visit without all the kids running around! Thanks girls for making some time for me- I love you! I am so blessed to have such awesome friends.
Saturday morning, my mom was taking us to meet Wendi at the campus. On the way, we stopped off at the Morgan's so I could see the kids and so they could see Zane. Zane was also ready for his breakfast so it worked out perfectly. Heidi, thanks for letting us drop in- sorry it was such a short visit. I'm glad you were able to come to girls' night!

2 comments:

Louisiana Belle said...

So glad that you got to see all the girlies! I wish I could go down sometime when you are there, too. Wouldn't it be fun to have a reunion- oh my, next year will be my 10th. Yikes! Love you!

Kelly said...

Love reading your blog today! Sounds like a good fun time in Texas. Lovin' the new 'do' too Rachel! :) Have a good week!